Thursday, July 3, 2014

Next

I haven't used .NET and I decided I should get familiar with it.  Especially since it's kind of a joke among some friends that I've done C# development but have never used .NET.  I have used mono, the open source variant, but only in relation to Unity.  Also I haven't used Visual Studio since college, so that will be a nice refresher.
Anywho, for my first project I have two main goals:

1. Make a web based report tool using SOA, similar to ones I've worked on in the past

2. Use a new BDD framework, I picked SpecFlow.


So, to fulfill these goals, here are the steps that I need to do, which I'll cover in this blog:

Write specs out in SpecFlow
Follow the flow to create a page in C#/ASP.NET
Create a service in ASP.NET that the page will use
Create a database with SQL Server compact for the service

And then I should be done. I'll post to youtube with a walktrhough of the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment